Wednesday, April 04, 2012

So This is Arkansas Today.....

Off work today so I thought I would check out Arkansas Today. Please note I am watching KTAL Channel 6 via cable.

Right off I notice all local branding is gone BUT I switch to KARK and well they have their logo in every corner. KTAL's ticker is down on the bottom of the screen but no sign it is KTAL we are watching.

In the first news block there were several stories from Southwest Arkansas. None from Northwest Louisiana or Northeast Texas....

Right now during weather, the severe weather in Northeast Texas was pointed out. No mention of the severe storms that marched over North Louisiana last night. Now a weather cut in with KTAL Met Patrick Dennis. Really? I feel like I am watching one of the national morning news programs. Let's wait for sports!

Now more local news. Now reading posts from Facebook. Is this a news program or an opinion show. And now they are giving away prizes if you LIKE their facebook page...

And now to an Arkansas Nation report. Wonder how many people in Louisiana and Texas are actually watching? ..or care about Arkansas sports.

Okay the clashing of the graphics has got my attention now. KTAL doesn't have the same graphics as KARK and KARK's lower thirds are clashing with the cheap looking KTAL news ticker. KARK's graphics are slick...KTAL's dull..

Is there any news happening today? Not one LIVE shot from any reporter. I thought they were going to have numerous sat trucks and LIVE vans on the road.

Oh, a Louisiana Lottery promo..the only way I know I am watching KTAL....

Oh now we have a news cut in from an anchor at KTAL...just giving us headlines...YAY there is someone working in the newsroom in Shreveport. All promos for the evening newscasts. geez.

And now KTAL goes into paid programming.. Paid programming midday, sounds like a sign of desperation.