Monday, April 16, 2012

Arkansas Today....Revisted

Well some things have changed since I last viewed the program about two weeks ago. Note: I watch via KTAL/Channel 6 out of Shreveport, oh excuse me "Texarkana".

> Well they still run the KTAL news ticker at the bottom of the screen, mixed with the KARK graphics. Still looks a mess BUT they did add the Channel 6 logo in the bottom right! If you want true ArkLaTex news we have to read the ticker!

> Still too many Arkansas stories, oh wait, it is Arkansas Today not ArkLaTex Today. I still don't understand why Nexstar isn't utilizing the newsrooms and journalists it has on staff in Northwest Arkansas, Shreveport, oops I mean Texarkana and in Monroe. Why not just send those folks home if you are not going to use what you've got.

> Still local weather cut ins...how funny. And still a local evening news tease.

I guess as a viewer I am expecting too much. I mean come on lets see some news. Nexstar shouldn't expect much in the ratings category in the KTAL and KNOE markets. Folks down here in Arkansas watch the Little Rock stations...and the folks in Texas and Louisiana watch the Shreveport stations. And at noon the Louisiana viewers will be watching KSLA, Channel 12.